Last updated: March 26th, 2021
- What information do we gather about you?
- How do we gather information?
- How do we use your information?
- Do we share your information?
- How do I access or change my information?
- How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
- How do we protect kids’ privacy?
- How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?
- Do you retain my information?
- Do you transfer my information outside the USA?
- How do I know my personal information is secure?
- How do I contact you?
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
What information do we gather about you?
We collect information directly from you. The types of information we may collect include your name, gender, email address, billing address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, age, location, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We also collect information from you automatically, including:
- Transactional Information:When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product detail, purchase price, password, and date and location of the transaction, and your general purchase history.
- Log Information:We collect information related to your access to and use of our Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you viewed before navigating to our Site; setting preferences, back up information; content use history, content views and searches.
- Device Information:We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information, personal interests, content search, content use, content views, product views, content use history, service metrics, URL information, length of visit to webpages, web pages interaction information; setting preferences and back up information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files.
- Location Information:We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We may also collect geolocation information from your device in accordance with your device settings.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies:We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from your activities on our site, and/or information we receive from our joint marketing partners and unaffiliated service providers.
How do we gather information?
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website or account registration
- In connection with an online transaction
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion
- If you return a product or use a rebate
- If you contact us via e-mail
We may also collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and services
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment; payment processing.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, advertisement and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications, to recommend products and identify preferences.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our brands
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services, test functionality
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our Site and our business
- To contact you if necessary
- For limited internal and operational use, such as to enable our Site to function
- To respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity
- To process subscriptions and registrations
Do we share your information?
All information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may also share information about you with unaffiliated service providers for purposes of providing services to us. For example, when you complete a purchase, we may share information about you and your purchase with Shopify or other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including credit card authorization, and order processing and fulfillment. you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We may share your information with our other service providers who collect, manage, and analyze our customer information on our behalf and perform services on our behalf, such as sending promotions and other communications and conducting contests and surveys. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Limonada.
You can opt out of it here: https://rakutenadvertising.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-rights-request-form/
Although we do not sell or rent your personal identifiable data, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Do you retain my information?
Do you transfer my information outside the USA?
Information about you may be transferred to locations in the United States as well as countries where our service providers may be based. In some cases, information about you may be transferred to or accessed from other countries, including when you consent and allow us to do so, where it is required in order for us to provide access to the Site to you and when we need to do so to provide functions like product support, troubleshooting and gaining insights into the usage patterns of our Site. When information about you is transferred to countries other than your home country, you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law. Any international transfers of such information will be done in accordance with applicable law.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our Site (such as your name and contact information). To access your information on the Site, simply sign in to your account using your login and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from one or more of our brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below.
If contacting customer service, please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a “do not contact” file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request (California residents excepted), during which period you may continue to receive communications from us. If you are a California resident, please see the section entitled “Your California Privacy Rights.”
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our Site or our stores or when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email, or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
How do we protect kids’ privacy?
We are concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our Site is not targeted to or intended for use by children. However, if we learn that we have received information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database.
How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our Site.
Cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences, tell us which parts of our Site you have visited and facilitate, measure the effectiveness of our advertisements, and provide consistent and personalized services and experiences.
These technologies may be used to collect “click-stream data,” which includes information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Sites and our online ads.
Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We may combine the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When you enter your personal information on our Site, we use encryption technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us.
How do I contact you?
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, please read this section for additional disclosures about how we collect, use, and disclose information about you and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.).
The CCPA requires us to communicate information about rights California consumers have with respect to their personal information (as defined within the CCPA). These rights include the right to request access to their personal information; the deletion of their personal information; additional details about our information practices; the categories of personal information sold in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; the categories of personal information shared within in the preceding 12 months; to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information, and to not be discriminated against.
To exercise these rights, please send us an email with your request. California consumers may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these options on their behalf. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise these rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights related to your personal information.
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Sale of Personal Information
- Categories of Personal Information Collected:In the previous 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, geolocation data, Internet or other electronic network activity information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn about any of the preceding categories of information. For examples of the data points we collect, please see “What information do we gather about you?”
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Selling Information:We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “What information do we gather about you?” above.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Information:We collect personal information from and about you as described in “What information do we gather about you?” above.
- Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Information:We may share your personal information with third parties as described in “What information do we gather about you?” above.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed:In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, commercial information, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, geolocation data, Internet or other electronic network activity information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn about any of the preceding categories of information.
- Sale of Personal Information:California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell” which, for the purposes of the CCPA, means scenarios in which Limonada has shared personal information with partners or third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding 12 months we have “sold” identifiers and internet or other electronic network activity information to advertising partners in order to show ads that are targeted to your interests. We do not sell identifying information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, or postal address.
Your Nevada Rights
(Dirección Contacto Limonada) permits customers of Limonada who are Nevada residents are to request that we not sell their personal information. We do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law. If you are a resident of Nevada and would like to request that we not sell your information in the future, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.